News and Announcements
Field Hockey Canada is excited to announce plans to send national teams to the following World Masters Hockey (WMH) World Cup Tournaments:
Indoor Tournament (Age groups: 40+ / 45+ / 50+ / 55+)
Virginia Beach, USA
Feb 15-20, 2022
- Outdoor Tournament (Age groups: 35+ / 40+)
August 12-21, 2022
- Outdoor Tournament (Age groups: 45+ / 50+ / 55+ / 60+ / 65+)
Cape Town, South Africa
October 1-10, 2022
The upcoming tournaments represent a new cycle of national Master’s teams. All participating teams will be open for trials. If you were previously accepted to represent Canada on any of the 2020 teams, please be advised that you will need to retrial for your age group.
Field Hockey Canada’s Masters program is 100% self-funded by athletes selected for World Cup teams. Athletes will be expected to pay a team levy (approximately $2000-$3000) to cover the costs of uniforms, accommodations, some transportation and for the coaches’ cost for international airfare and accommodation. There may be additional costs for training and tournament travel before the World Cup events.
To be eligible to trial for Masters World Cup competition you must:
- be age 35 and older
- have paid your provincial and FHC fees
- be a Canadian citizen or meet the residency requirements of WMH
- hold a valid passport
- register as a Masters player
Masters National Teams are selected to represent Canada in a World Cup, so please encourage as many people as possible to sign up to ensure that competitive squads are sent. Further details such as program policies will be shared in due course.
To register for Field Hockey Canada’s Women’s Masters Program, please follow this link: https://mastersfieldhockey.ca/masters-hockey-registration/
For those who are already registered, please also feel free to follow the link and complete the form to ensure your information and preferences are up to date.
While the World Masters Hockey and the host nations are excited to announce these dates, the health and safety of all athletes is paramount. Field Hockey Canada and WMH will continue to monitor the impact of the pandemic and make appropriate changes.
For more information about the Masters Program, please visit: https://mastersfieldhockey.ca/
Registration for Field Hockey Alberta’s Funstix program is now open for young athletes aged 5-9 years. All levels are welcome.
The program will start the week of May 3rd with locations in the following communities:
- Auburn Bay
- Coventry Hills
- Mount Pleasant
- Mount Royal
- Royal Oak
- Signall Hills
For more information about the program, including COVID measures in place and how to register, please visit this link: http://fieldhockey.ab.ca/content/2021-spring-funstix---calgary
Field Hockey Canada has recently launched their Team of Teams movement. The purpose of this initiative is to connect the Canadian hockey community and unite it through a shared love of the sport. March 22nd to March 26th marks the first Team of Teams celebration week which will highlight and celebrate umpires and officials.
Here’s how you can get involved and contribute:
- Share Stories and Connect with FHC – If you have some excellent stories to share, or have ideas on how to highlight and engage members of our field hockey community on this topic, our friends at Field Hockey Canada would like to hear from you. Use hashtags #fieldhockeycanada and #FHCTeamofTeams to connect.
- Nominate and Recognize – If you have a dedicated official or umpire in your area that you want to highlight, nominate them by completing the Grassroots Umpire and Official Nomination Form by the submission deadline of Friday, March 19, 2021!
This is a reminder about the indoor umpiring courses available to us courtesy of FHumpires.
There will be a 2020 Indoor Certification Workshop/Online Course on November 3rd and 10th from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. The cost is $45 USD. Please follow this link for more details: https://fhumpires.com/product/2020-indoor-provincial-certification-workshop/
- 2020 Indoor Recertification Course ($20USD): https://fhumpires.com/product/2020-indoor-provincial-recertification-course/
- The 2019 Indoor Rules Updater ($5USD): https://fhumpires.com/product/2019-indoor-rules-updater/
Today is the last day you can nominate your coach to be recognized at the first annual Field Hockey Canada Coaching Awards. Nominations close at midnight, so get them in!
Please see the attached document for more details about the Coaches Week Event (September 19-27, 2020), and the award categories and criteria.
Here is the link to nominate your coach: https://forms.gle/Th1nhi7DfeUk6kWF8
The document 2020_National_Coaches_Week_-_FHC_Coaching_Awards.pdf was attached to this post.