News and Announcements
To register, email the following information to CLFHA Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Contact Phone #
• Outdoor Team(s)
• Clinic Dates
OUTDOOR RECERTIFICATION CLINIC – Attend Part 1 (Thurs., May 18, 2017)
OUTDOOR CERTIFICATION CLINIC (Part 1 and 2)
You need to attend one EACH of a Part 1 and a Part 2
PART 1: Thursday, May 18, 2017 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm @ Repsol Sport Centre – PARKVIEW ROOM (by Jugo Juice/Foundation Lounge)
PART 1: Thursday, June 22, 2017… 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – The Rules
PART 2: Thursday, June 8, 2017 or Thursday, June 29, 2017… 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – How to Umpire
WHERE: 4303 – 11 St. SE
HOW MUCH: $50 (Payable to CLFHA)
Umpire Shirt: $40 (Payable to CLFHA)
Course Conductor: Keely Dunn
If you are unable to attend these in-person clinics, there are now , available starting May 15th at http://fhumpires-university.teachable.com/. Pricing for the online versions is $80 for certification, $40 for recertification.
• Rules & interpretations
• Knowledge of the game
• What makes a good umpire?
• Video footage
• Become a more effective umpire
• Q & A
2. Written Exam:
• Exam is sent by email (open book) and examinees have 7 days to return it however they see fit
• Course Conductors will send as .DOC. which they will mark(up) them and send back
3. Field Assessment
• You will be scheduled or can request opportunities to shadow experienced umpires
• Then you will umpire with an experienced umpire or umpire-coach shadowing you
• Then you work with the League Coordinator and an Assessor to schedule a field assessment
• You get paid retroactive to the beginning of the season for games where you umpired (i.e. blow the whistle)
• It’s rewarding, challenging and fun / helps you understand more about hockey
• You give back to the sport / become certified and get paid
Please find the 2016 CLFHA AGM Notice and Proxy attached as well as on the CLFHA website under MEDIA | Documents.
Please ensure to bring any completed proxies to the AGM for quorum confirmation.
CALGARY LADIES’ FIELD HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2016
TALISMAN CENTRE, RIVERVIEW ROOM
STARTING AT 6:30 PM
The document 2016 CLFHA AGM Notice and Proxy was attached to this post.
Thank you for your interest in Calgary Ladies’ Field Hockey Association (CLFHA); we are happy that you have come to visit us! Feel free to browse our website for information on:
- How to play indoor field hockey
- How to play outdoor field hockey
- Getting involved with a club
- Upcoming events
- And much more!
Use the “Leagues” menu bar and get all the latest on your schedules, teams and league including standings. The “Media” section will provide you with fresh content about CLFHA including photos, videos and important documents.
Don’t forget to Register Online by clicking on the REGISTER NOW BUTTON on the right-hand side of the page.
Let us know what you think!