News and Announcements
CLFHA is looking for a new Administrative Assistant
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Self motivated
- Computer literate – particularly with Excel
- Web site knowledge is beneficial
- Use of TeamSnap
- League knowledge and familiarity
- Diplomacy, good judgment, and good business acumen
This is a part time paid position. If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and brief resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18, 2022.
2022 CLFHA Mid-Winter Mixed Up Tournament - Schedule Now Available
CLFHA is excited to have our first mid-winter mixed up tournament. There will be a competitive and social division.
- Cost is $300 or $30/player (e-Transfer to email@example.com)
- Tournament runs Saturday, February 12, 2022 (2pm – 10pm) and Sunday, February 13, 2022 (8am – 10pm)
- Players must have current Field Hockey Alberta Membership and Field Hockey Canada Membership (for those out of province and who have a FHC membership, a separate FHA only registration link will be provided)
- Roster (Maximum 12 | Minimum 8)
- Games will consist of 2 × 20-minute halves
Link to Registration Form – http://clfha.com/organizations/2885/documents/546596
Tournament Schedule – http://clfha.com/organizations/2885/documents/547022
The document 2022_CLFHA_Mid-Winter_Mixed_Up_Tournament_Schedule.pdf was attached to this post.
2021 CLFHA Annual General Meeting - Thursday, November 18, 2021
CLFHA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2021
- ONLINE via ZOOM
- STARTING AT 7:30 PM
Please see 2021 CLFHA AGM Notice and Proxy form here (also attached) –
The document CLFHA-AGM2021-NoticeandProxyForm.docx was attached to this post.
2021 Provincial Indoor Umpire Certification Course - November 16 and 23 (Zoom)
Please see the link for the registration for the 2021 Provincial Indoor Umpire Certification Course
Dates are November 16 and November 23 (Tuesdays) 6-9pm on Zoom
2021 Modified CLFHA Outdoor Season
Hooray!! We’re playing again … with other people and umpires and mosquitoes and everything!
CLFHA MODIFIED LEAGUE FORMAT FOR 2021
- There will 2 divisions this summer.
- For Division I, weekly games will be held on Tuesday evenings.
- For Division II, weekly games will be held on Monday evenings + some Wednesday evenings if the Monday falls on a stat holiday/long weekend.
- We are reserving a couple of Wednesday evenings in late August in case there are weather-related events early in this shortened modified season.
- The season will be July and August (proposed start date is the week of July 5th) with a possibility of continuing through to mid-September, provided that FHA will similarly extend the timeframe for membership/insurance per below.
MANDATORY INSURANCE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS VIA FHA/FHC MEMBERSHIP
- Link for Membership – https://www.rampregistrations.com/login?v3=a71e044b
- Usually effective from September 1st – August 31st. There are some updates for this year:
- For current FHC registrants (i.e. anyone who has purchased a membership through FHA’s Ramp for 2020-21, or who buys one from now until June 30, 2021, their registration is valid until Oct. 31, 2021
- This is for the FHC portion of your membership fee.
- FHA is currently discussing and reviewing and may/would have to make the same or similar decision to extend the membership.
- From a risk management perspective to ensure a safe return to the sport, players may only play in either Division I or Division II this summer.
- Goalies may play for other teams in the same division.
- Players are able to sub on other teams in the same division if that team is short of a full team (fewer than 10 field players).
- Umpires may umpire for either division.
- Masks are not required while playing or on the bench, but are required when not playing (coming to or leaving the pitch).