News and Announcements
Dates for the CLFHA Casino has been finalized:
- Monday, June 4, 2018
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- Elbow River Casino
The document 2018_CLFHA_Casino_Volunteers_June_4_5_Final.xlsx was attached to this post.
Please find the 2017 CLFHA Annual General Meeting (AGM) Notice and Proxy attached as well as on the CLFHA website under MEDIA | Documents.
Please ensure to bring any completed proxies to the AGM for quorum confirmation.
CALGARY LADIES’ FIELD HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2017
REPSOL SPORT CENTRE, RIVERVIEW ROOM
STARTING AT 6:30 PM
The document 2017 CLFHA AGM Notice and Proxy was attached to this post.
To register, email the following information to CLFHA Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Contact Phone #
• Outdoor Team(s)
• Clinic Dates
INDOOR RE-CERTIFICATION CLINIC – Attend Part 1 (Tues., October 10, 2017)
OUTDOOR CERTIFICATION CLINIC (Part 1 and 2)
You need to attend one EACH of a Part 1 and a Part 2
PART 1: Tuesday, October 10, 2017… 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – The Rules
PART 2: Thursday, October 12, 2017… 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – How to Umpire
PART 1: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – The Rules
PART 2: Thursday, January 18, 2018 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – How to Umpire
WHERE: 4303 – 11 St. SE
HOW MUCH: $50 (Payable to CLFHA)
Umpire Shirt: $40 (Payable to CLFHA)
Course Conductor: Keely Dunn
If you are unable to attend these in-person clinics, there are now , available at http://fhumpires-university.teachable.com/. Pricing for the online versions is $80 for certification, $40 for recertification.
• Rules & interpretations
• Knowledge of the game
• What makes a good umpire?
• Video footage
• Become a more effective umpire
• Q & A
2. Written Exam:
• Exam is sent by email (open book) and examinees have 7 days to return it however they see fit
• Course Conductors will send as .DOC. which they will mark(up) them and send back
3. Field Assessment
• You will be scheduled or can request opportunities to shadow experienced umpires
• Then you will umpire with an experienced umpire or umpire-coach shadowing you
• Then you work with the League Coordinator and an Assessor to schedule a field assessment
• You get paid retroactive to the beginning of the season for games where you umpired (i.e. blow the whistle)
• It’s rewarding, challenging and fun / helps you understand more about hockey
• You give back to the sport / become certified and get paid